Planning a wedding can be a stressful affair, but luckily the internet has lots of resources to help couples keep organized. On average, people have around a year to plan a wedding, so here’s a checklist to help you stay on track, especially when it comes to booking vendors and ordering items.
12 – 10 Months Left
• Determine a budget. Start with overall money you want to spend and then start dividing it up for each necessity.
• Agree on a number of guests so that you can figure out the best venue for your needs and have a better estimate of how much food will cost.
• Tour venues, choose one, and set a date. Ideally, the venue will also have a list of preferred vendors so that can save you some time on research. They might also have a deal with a local hotel.
• Based on research or your venue’s list, choose the best caterer for your needs. You’ll need to decide if you’re going buffet or sit-down.
• Decide between DJ or band and book your entertainment. Check if your venue has a recommended entertainment list.
• Research photographers and contact a few to ask about pricing.
• Set up registries at a few difference stores. Create your wedding website if you plan to do that and add the registries.
9 – 6 Months Left
• Say yes to the dress! Start planning accessories.
• Arrange hotel room blocks and any transportation.
• Mail out save the dates if it’s a destination wedding—you want to give your guests more time to plan.
• Choose the type of floral arrangements and bouquets you want, and then research floral shops. Contact one to start planning.
• Contact a couple different bakeries for tasting appointments, and then order your cake.
• Find bridesmaid dresses. This can be done closer to the 6-month mark, but you definitely want to give your bridesmaids time to order and get fitted.
• Say yes to the tux! Start planning accessories.
5 – 3 Months Left
• Set up a hair and makeup trial with your stylist.
• Order your Save The Dates and invitations.
• Reserve or buy decoration you want for your ceremony and reception. Your venue might have a list of recommended businesses for reserving these kinds of items.
• Send Save The Dates around the 3-month mark.
3 – 1 Months Left
• Purchase your weddings bands and get them resized.
• Begin dress fittings.
1 Month Left
• Finalize details like a song list for the DJ or band, shot requests with your photographer, and let your rehearsal dinner guests know details on location and time.
• Have final dress fitting around the 3-week mark.
• Contact those who have not RSVPed. Confirm your final count to the caterer and finalize your sitting chart.
• Put together a Bridal Emergency Kit.
Hidden Greens Event Venue is proud to have a list of recommended vendors for many wedding needs, and we also know a lot of local businesses who can help you with other items on this checklist. Contact us if you’re interested in touring our gorgeous venue.